Water Advocates Annual Conference
Join us (virtually!) in creating strategies to manage our over-committed, declining water resources.
The 2022 Annual MRGWA Conference
The Great Change:
Surviving New Mexico's Arid Future
A Call to Action
Saturday, Jan. 8th 8:30am-11:30am
- - - Keynote: Honorable Melanie Stansbury, U.S. Rep. CD1
- - - Effecting Transformative Change in N.M. Water Governance
Wednesday, Jan. 12th 6:00pm-8:00pm
- - - Plan for Funding of Water Science, Data, and Planning
Saturday, Jan. 15th 9:00am-11:00am
- - - Plan for New Mexico Water Governance Reform
Wednesday, Jan. 19th 6:00pm-8:00pm
- - - Plan for Reliable Compact Compliance
Saturday, Jan 22nd, 9:00am-11:00am
- - - Plan for Equitable Shortage Sharing in the Middle Rio Grande
Water Advocates Speaker Series
The Water Advocates intermittently sponsors
series of expert speakers on pressing water issues
"Balance Water Use with Renewable Supply"
Advocates' Directors Meeting
The Advocates Board meets quarterly, or more frequently when necessary.
"The next meeting will be from 6:00 to 8:00 pm on October 19, 2021. All are welcome to join us.
Click here for next meeting agenda and data packet
Click here for agenda and minutes of previous meetings
The Santa Fe New Mexican has published an Op-Ed entitled “State must come together to protect water.” It addresses Clean Water Act rule changes that endanger streams in New Mexico. “… Like capillaries of watersheds, streams that don’t have water in them year-round recharge aquifers and deliver water downstream for wildlife and human use. If…Read More